Wednesday, October 12, 2011

it's in the bag

I usually just carry my camera in my purse with all my stuff, but after dropping my bag on the floor with my camera in it and having to send it to the repair shop, I vowed to use a real camera bag from then on. I didn't want to fork out the cash for a pretty one like these, so I hopped it over to Target and found a cute-ish one that I thought would work.

Well, it was okay, but I had to carry around another bag to fit all the stuff that I wanted to bring with me. I happen to be browsing that really cool store call Wal-mart and found a basic tote bag in black for super cheap that I thought would hold my newly purchased camera bag and the rest of my stuff. Since this tote was pretty plain jane, I decided to bedazzle it a bit with some fabric. I had some fabric strips on hand that I was going to use for a quilted pillow project, but decided to bale on, so I used it to create a pleated ruffle down the front.

I have to say that I love having my camera all safe and sound and all my things together. It is so very easy to get to my camera and have it handy when I need it. 
plain jane tote before

small camera bag and all my stuff that fits into plain jane tote

working on the pleated ruffle

pleated ruffle pinned in place and ready for sewing

plain jane tote after with all my stuff back in and ready to go

No comments:

Post a Comment