Wednesday, October 26, 2011

diy :: chalkboard sign

chalkboard sign

With a little help from my two youngest and my handy dad, we now have a chalkboard sign for advertising. My dad build the sandwich board style sign out of materials he had on hand- 2 pieces of paneling, 2 hinges, 2 1x2 boards and some screws. He added a rope handle to carry it. 

chalkboard sign

chalkboard sign

These are the supplies I used to paint the sign: 
Kilz latex primer
Valspar Chalkboard paint
cabinet and door roller (this gave it a smooth finish)

We primed the surface with one coat of Kilz primer and two coats of the chalkboard paint.

chalkboard sign

Here is the finished sign! I used chalk ink markers that wipe off with a wet cloth. I can change the sign as needed and use it for different events or announcements. 
chalkboard sign

No comments:

Post a Comment